The cutbacks that will be happening are:
- The Interconnect 3 between Grimsby and Lincoln reduced from hourly to 5 journeys per day (one requires a change at Market Rasen) plus additional short journeys. Full details here (since confirmed on Stagecoach website)
- The Sunday daytime service on route 7 between Grange Estate and Grimsby Town Centre will be withdrawn
- The Sunday daytime service on route 8 between North Sea Lane, New Waltham and Grimsby Town Centre will be withdrawn, but in a change to the original proposal a replacement service will run from North Sea Lane via Humberston Avenue to Waltham and then follow the route of service 9 into Grimsby Town Centre. This retains Sunday buses for Humberston and New Waltham
- The Interconnect 51 cut back from half hourly to hourly. The Grimsby Telegraph states this is between Grimsby and Louth, but I presume they mean just the Holton Le Clay to Louth section as originally proposed
The extension of services 13/14 to Morrisons will also still be going ahead.
This would therefore imply that the following proposed cuts will not now be hapenning:
- Withdrawal of service 12
- Withdrawal of late evening services on route 8, 9 and 46
- Withdrawal of Sunday service on route 16
- Curtailment of alternate service 16's from Wybers Wood at Grimsby Bus Station, omitting Asda
- Withdrawal of off-peak service 45's from South Killingholme
- Withdrawal of peak time service 45 extensions to Immingham MIC plant
- Diversion of service 150 away from Habrough
I should caution that exact details are still being finalised as per a North East Lincolnshire Council official in the Grimsby Telegraph.
This is very welcome news though, particularly with service 12 being saved. The big remaining reductions are Interconnect routes 3 and 51, but this is no surprise considering their length and the fact that these services mostly operate within Lincolnshire, which I guess may have a different level of concessionary fare payment.