Hull City Council are focusing some of their Bus Service Improvement Plan funding on the pre-Christmas period. There are Thursday evening and Sunday daytime park and ride journeys being added to the Priory Park and Ride, along with a £1 fare offer. What is most interesting to me though is the return of Nightbuses to Hull, and not just for December.
From Saturday 2nd December - or technically the early hours of Sunday 3rd December - seven routes will gain a nightbus service until Saturday 24th February as per Hull City Council, or for an initial three months as per Stagecoach. The latter would seem to suggest there is a possibility of them continuing beyond February, but Hull City Council seemingly aren't making any commitments at this stage.
The lucky routes are:
- Stagecoach Service 5: Hull City Centre to Kingswood Retail Park via the Avenues and Orchard Park
- Stagecoach Service 6: Hull City Centre to North Bransholme via Beverley Road and Kingswood
- Stagecoach Service 8: Hull City Centre to Bransholme North Point via Holderness Road, Ings Estate and Spring Cottage
- Stagecoach Service 13: Hull City Centre to Bilton Grange via Greatfield
- East Yorkshire 57: Hull City Centre to Asda Bilton via Longhill
- East Yorkshire 66: Hull City Centre to Hessle via Anlaby Road, Boothferry Road and the Boothferry Estate
- East Yorkshire 104: Hull City Centre to Cottingham via the Avenues